Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Awaiting Fox Marcus

Well, I should have known I couldn't remain private forever.

As part of my nesting phase, I have recently felt compelled to share about this adventure in the blogosphere (from which I have conveniently been absent for a very, very long time). So, here is my outlet for sharing my pregnancy journey and everything in the great unknown beyond that!

Fox Marcus Cochran should enter the world sometime in early May (the official due date is May 2, but really - who knows?). I am currently 27 weeks along in my pregnancy (hello month 7!), and I'm already impatient (big surprise). I feel and look like a blimp. The first trimester was hellish ("morning" sickness is a misnomer, as the nausea is most certainly NOT limited to the morning). The second trimester sped by (seriously, where did the time go?). Now that I'm entering the third trimester, I'm starting to experience all the "fun" things like serious aches and pains, swelling feet and ankles, moodiness (sorry Michael), sleeplessness, the works.

And yet - I love being pregnant. I love feeling Fox kick and squirm inside my belly. I love knowing that, in three (hopefully short) months, I'll get to hold my son in my arms. It's amazing how the "switch" happened: a few months ago, I was still a little weirded out at the idea of having a living being inside me; somewhere in the last month or two, however, something clicked, and now everything in my life is geared toward being a mom. And every time I feel him move inside me, I am reminded of the great gift I have been given, and what a miracle it really is to make a new life inside of me.

Forgive me if I'm a little rusty - blogging has been the last thing on my mind for the majority of these last few years. I look forward to keeping you updated on everything as we get ready for this new chapter in our life!

No comments:

Post a Comment